Guidelines for Oral Presentation
Each SESSION for the CONFERENCE has about 180 minutes concurrent oral session following the distinguished speakers. Each concurrent oral presenter has been tentatively estimated for 15 minutes to speak PLUS 5 minutes for questions and discussion, or will be changed accordingly, for which the presenter will be duly informed.
Please arrive to your session at least 15 minutes before presentation time. It is set to meeting with the Moderator and session chair before your presentation time. Moderators and rapporteurs will be in the hall to ensure the session remains on time. You will be notified about 2 minutes before to finish your presentation.
For an effective PowerPoint presentation, you may consider the followings:
- One slide per minute of time allocated to speak (i.e. 15 minutes = 15 slides).
- Use a template to ensure consistency from slide to slide and addition of your university/organization logo.
- Always check spelling and grammar.
- Use a San Serif font; Arial, Verdana, Helvetica etc. Text should be 28 to 32 point.
- Use short statements or bulleted points.
- Attempt for no more than 6 bullet points per slide using font size 30 pt.
- Make sure figures and tables are legible and well-referenced.
- Do not overuse transitions and animations that may delay the presentations.
- Have a closing slide with your conclusions and implications.
- Include the end slide with your name, contact information (email, twitter, website etc.).
Upon your arrival to the conference venue, bring your presentation on a USB memory stick with proper labeling as indicated below:
On the memory stick the file should be named as follows: Theme number, underscore, last name, underscore, and first initial of corresponding author.
For PowerPoint presentation: 1_Barsila_Shanker
Thematic Areas are indicated below:
- Crop Biotechnology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Veterinary Biotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Fish Biotechnology
- Forest Biotechnology
- Food Biotechnology