Current Research Projects
A. Animal Science and Veterinary Science
Molecular & Immunohistological assessment of Gene expression pattern during Folliculogenesis in goat.
Validation of laboratory animal experiments in the field of pulmonary hypertension in Collaboration with Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
- Developing rapid molecular diagnostic techniques of common pathogenic bacteria of poultry (E. Coli, Salmonella, Clostridium perfringens and Mycoplasma)
- Molecular Diagnostic of Avian Pathogenic E. coli (APEC) in Commercial Poultry Birds in Chitwan District, Nepal
B. Wildlife Genetics and Molecular Study of Infectious Diseases of Wildlife
- Molecular sexing of captive vultures from vulture breeding center, Kasara, Chitwan National Park, Nepal (In collaboration with NTNC and BCN)
- Prevalence of Elephant endotheliotropic Herpes Virus type 1 in Asymptomatic Asian Elephants of Chitwan District, Nepal
- Genetic diversity of Red Panda from Nepal Himalaya (In collaboration with Himali CENTER FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY UNIVERSITY Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal Center For Biotechnology Conservation Forum and funded by USAID/ WWF/Hariyo Ban Program)
- Genetic diversity of Swamp Deer population from Shuklaphanta and Bardia National Park. (In collaboration with NTNC and funded by USAID/WWF/Hariyo Ban Program)
- Triad study of (Ecological, Infections and Genetic) of Gharial in Gharial Breeding Center (GBC) (In collaboration with CNP and funded by USAID/WWF/Hariyo Ban Program)
- Genetic diversity of Musk Deer population from Nepal Himalaya (In collaboration with NTNC and funded by USAID/WWF/Hariyo Ban Program)
C. Crop Science
- SSRs fingerprinting of Nepalese commercial and premium quality rice cultivars and landraces for varietal identity and authentication.
- Genetic diversity analysis of Nepalese rice landraces using SSR markers.
- Identification of RhtB1b and RhtD1b reduced height genes among Nepalese bread wheat cultivars using allele specific diagnostic markers.
- Promotion of biochar for Soil-Health improvement & sustainable crop yield.