Farm Directorate under Agriculture and Forestry University was established with a view to utilize Farm resources effectively and efficiently to help teaching, research and extension and production unit in a co-ordinated and collaborative way.
- Help, UG and PG student based project work and research
- Facilitate practicals of UG and PG student
- Support and facilitate faculty research to be carried out in farms
- Sale farm products to the faculty, staffs and students in reasonable price
- Produce improved seeds and saplings and sale to Seed Company and farmers
- Depending on the nature of farm, blocking will be done for teaching, research, extension and production unit. At least production unit will be making profit.
- Produce foundation and certified seeds of cereal /crops and sale to the farm community under university logo
- In co-ordination and collaboration with Nepal Seed Company (NSC) activities will be elaborated in seed production and processing
- For assured and increased production, irrigation facilities will be developed as per need of the farms
- Fingerlings of different fish species will be produced and sold to the farm community form fish farm
- Value added products will be prepared from fruit, vegetable and milk (Post harvest technology) and bring in the market, under university logo. This will contribute in higher income generation of the university