During early carrier days in the university (1995-2002), I was majorly involved on handling Veterinary Pathology course and working in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital as a clinician. In the mean time from mid 1996-1998, I served in the Government Department of Livestock Services as a Veterinary Extension Officer. In the year 2000, a collaborative research with Azabu University, Japan was developed to study the genetic lineage of high altitude Lulu cattle in which I served as the counterpart team leader. After completing PhD in Theriogenology from Obihiro University, Japan in 2007, I focused on research based class-room delivery and carrying out practical research aiming to enhance reproductive efficiency of dairy cows, buffaloes and breeder chicken. In 2007, I introduced ultrasonography technique in Animal Reproduction research, training and extension for the first time in Nepal. I also served from 2010-2013 as an International Visiting Faculty in the Laboratory of Food Animal Medicine, Iwate University, Japan, where I got experience of teaching and guiding Japanese students as well as worked on the effects of reproductive steroid hormone on Calcium metabolism, and on post-partum uterine patho-physiology in dairy cows. Recently, I have focused on studying Environment-Nutrition-Reproduction interaction, and applying several hormonal estrus synchronization protocols to overcome the post-partum managemental and seasonal anestrus problems in dairy buffaloes in Nepal. I have authored/co-authored more than 40 research papers in internationally recognized SCI journals, more than 20 in the past 5 years, have more than 60 proceeding/abstract publications and a large number of publications in national journals and bulletin over the years. For my research activities, I was awarded the "Excellent Research Award in Theriogenology" in year 2006, by Japanese Society of Veterinary Science. I am actively participating in building up an international research community on Animal Reproduction as a reviewer for several relevant SCI Journals, as well as by organizing national/international conferences/workshops and by giving several keynotes at national/international conferences. My overall goal is professional dedication and contribution nationally and internationally.
1. Okatsu Y, Yamagishi N, Hatate K and Devkota, B. (2017). Evaluation of a commercial agarose gel electrophoresis kit (QuickGel SP) for bovine serum protein electrophoresis. Polish Journal of Veterinary Sciences (accepted, in press).
2. Devkota, B., Takahashi M, Sato S, Sasaki K, Ueki A, Osawa T and Yamagishi N. (2016). Plasma fluctuation in estradiol-17β and bone resorption markers around parturition in dairy cows. doi: 10.1292/jvms.15-0018; J. Vet. Med. Sci. 77(7): 875–878, 2015.
3. Ghanem ME, Tezuka E, Devkota, B., Izaike Y, Osawa T (2015). Persistence of uterine bacterial infection, and its associations with endometritis and ovarian function in postpartum dairy cows. J Reprod Dev. 61(1):54-60. doi: 10.1262/jrd.2014-051. Epub 2014 Dec 6.
4. Devkota, B., Nakao T, Kobayashi K, Sato H, Sah SK, Singh DK, Dhakal IP, Yamagishi N. (2013). Effects of treatment for anestrus in water buffaloes with PGF2 and GnRH in comparison with vitamin-mineral supplement, and some factors influencing treatment effects. J. Vet. Med. Sci., 75: 1623-27.
5. Devkota, B., Takahashi, M., Sasaki, K., Osawa, T., Izaike, Y., Yamagishi, N. (2013). Fluctuation in plasma bone metabolic markers in multiparous and primiparous Holstein cows during early to peak lactation. J. Vet. Med. Sci. 75: 1257-60.
6. Ghanem, M. E., Higuchi, H., Tezuka, E., Ito, H., Devkota, B., Izaike, Y., Osawa, T. (2013). Mycoplasma infection in the uterus of early postpartum dairy cows and its relation to dystocia and endometritis. Theriogenology; 79: 180-185.
7. Devkota, B., Itagaki, K., Kim, D., Sasaki, K., Osawa, T., Furuhama, K., Yamagishi, N. (2012). Relationship between sex hormone fluctuations and biomarkers of bone resorption in bovine plasma during the estrus cycle. Vet. J. 194: 256-258.
8. Devkota, B., Bohara, T. P., Yamagishi, N. (2012). Seasonal variation of anestrus condition in water buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis) in Southern Nepal. Asian J. Anim. Vet. Adv., 7 (9): 910-914.