|12/2012 - Present||Professor at Agriculture and Forestry University, (AFU) Chitwan|
|2011-02-2012||Professor (Animal Science) at Tribhuvan University, Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS), Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal|
|1986-2010||Associate Professor, Lecturer, Assistant Lecturer, IAAS, TU.|
|2001-2010||Director, Deputy Director. Directorate of Research and Publication, IAAS/TU, Nepal.|
|2001-2003||Chair, Department of Animal Nutrition and Fodder Production, IAAS/TU, Nepal.|
|2008-2010||Editor, In-Chief-Journal of Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science.|
|2001-2007||Member of Editorial Board Journal of Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science.|
Director, Directorate of Research and Extension at Agriculture and Forestry University, AFU, Chitwan, Nepal since 20 December 2012 to date (Poush 5, 2069 to date). Main responsibilities include manage, facilitate and organize university research and extension covering agriculture, livestock and forestry domain and faculties at AFU. Jobs also include bilateral and multilateral as well as international level research facilitation inside the country and across the globe.
Editor In Chief, Journal of Agriculture and Forestry University, (JAFU) 2016 to date.
1. S. Marquardt., S.R. barsila., L. Amelchenka., N.R. Devkota., M. Kreuzer and F. Leiber. 2018. Fattly acid profile of ghee derived from two genotypes (cattle-Yak vs Yak) grazing different alpine Himalayan pasture sites. Journal of Animal production Science, 58:358-368. http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/AN16111, CSIRO PUBLISHING.
2. Bhandari, G., S. K. Jha., Y.P. Giri., H.K. manandhar., P.K. jha., N.R. Devkota, P. Thapa and R.B. Thapa. 2017. Performance evaluation of locally developed black light trap for maize insects monitoring in Chitwan, Nepal. Journal of Maize research and Development. 3 (1):98-107. ISSN: 2467-9291 (print), 2467-9305 (on line). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/jmrd. V3i1.18926.
3. Devkota, N.R. R.P. Ghimire, D.P. Adhikari, C.r. Upreti, L.N. Poudel and N.P. Joshi. 2017. Fodder productivity of Teosinte (Euchlaena mexicana Schard) at different sowing dates in Western midhills of Nepal. Journal of Agriculture and Forestry University, Vol I: 129-137.
4. Upreti, S. and N.R. Devkota. 2017. Ranking of fodder tree species and their biomass productionin the hills and mountain of Nepal. Journal of Agriculture and Forestry University, Vol I: 171-179.
5. Sapkota, S., M.R. Kolachhapati, N.R. Devkota, N.A. Gorkhali and N. Bhattarai. 2017. Evaluation of egg laying and egg quality parameters of local chicken Sakini (Gallus gallus domesticus) of Nepal. Journal of Agriculture and Forestry University, Vol I: 181-188.
6. Bhattacharjee, A., J.D. Anadon., D.J. Lohman., T. Doleck., T. Lakhankar., B.B. Shrestha, P. Thapa., D. Devkota., S. Tiwari., A. Jha., M. Siwakoti., N.R. Devkota., P.K. Jha and N. Y. Krakauer. 2017. The impact of climate change on biodiversity in Nepal: Current knowledge, lacunae, and opportunities. Climate, 2017, 5, 80; doi:10.3390/cli5040080. www.mdpi.com/journal/climate.
7. Upreti, S. And N.R. Devkota. 2017. The nutrient composition and nitrate content of ranked fodder tree species in the hills and mountain of Nepal. Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 15:48-54 ISSN: 2091-0428.
8. Khanal, B., B.R. Baral., M.R. Tiwari and N. Devkota. 2017. Evaluation of different varieties of oat at high hill of Rasuwa district, Nepal. Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 15:75-85. ISSN: 2091- 0428.
9. N. Bhattarai, M.R. Kolachhapati., N.R. Devkota., U.C. Thakur, and S.P. Neopane. 2016. Effect of non-genetic factors on average daily gain in the kids of Nepalese Hill goats (Capra hircus L.) in Nawalparasi, Nepal. Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 14:190-199; ISSN: 2091-0428.
10. Devkota, N.R., P. Pokharel, L.N. Poudel., C.R. Upreti and N.P. Joshi. 2015. Performance of teosinte (Euchlaena mexicana) as a promising summer forage crop in respect to location and sowing dates considering the scenario of possible climate change in Nepal. Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 13:131-141; ISSN: 2091-0428.
11. Devkota, N.R., C.R. Upreti., L.N. Poudel. and N.P. Joshi. 2015. Production potentials of oat (Avena sativa) varieties in combination with legumes at farmers’ field condition. Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 13:142- 150; ISSN: 2091-0428.
12. Devkota, D., N.R. Devkota and N.P. Joshi. 2015. Gender role and buffalo rearing decisions in Nepal. Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 13:176-193; ISSN: 2091-0428.
13. Barsila, S.R., Naba R. Devkota, M. Kreuzer, and S. Marquardt. 2015. Effects of different stocking densities on performance and activity of cattle × Yak hybrids along a transhumance route in the Eastern Himalaya. Springer Plus 4:398. DOI 10-1186/s40064-015-1175-4.