Guidelines for Oral Presentation
Please submit your power point slides and PDF of the slides by November 12 to firstname.lastname@example.org. While sending the presentation slide files, give the file name as follows: Theme number_last name_first or initial name of the presenting author. For example: KN1_Borghese_Antonio or OP1_Devkota_Durga. Please check the Program Schedule to find your Theme Number.
Total time for Keynote presentation is 25 min (18 min to speak PLUS 7 min for discussion) and for other oral presentations 15 min (10 min to speak PLUS 5 min for discussion).
Please arrive to your session at least 15 minutes before presentation time. It is set to meeting with the Moderator and session chair before your presentation time. Moderators and rapporteurs will be in the hall to ensure the session remains on time. You will be notified about 2 minutes before to finish your presentation.
For an effective PowerPoint presentation, you may consider the followings:
- One slide per minute of time allocated to speak (i.e. 15 minutes = 15 slides).
- Use a template to ensure consistency from slide to slide and addition of your university/organization logo.
- Always check spelling and grammar.
- Use a San Serif font; Arial, Verdana, Helvetica etc. Text should be 28 to 32 point.
- Use short statements or bulleted points.
- Attempt for no more than 6 bullet points per slide using font size 30 pt.
- Make sure figures and tables are legible and well-referenced.
- Do not overuse transitions and animations that may delay the presentations.
- Have a closing slide with your conclusions and implications.
- Include the end slide with your name, contact information (email, twitter, website etc.).
Upon your arrival to the symposium venue, bring your presentation on a USB memory stick with proper labeling as indicated below:
On the memory stick the file should be named as follows: Theme number, underscore, last name, underscore, and first initial of corresponding author.
For PowerPoint presentation: KN1_Borghese_Antonio or OP1_Devkota_Durga. Please check the Program Schedule to find your Theme Number.
Thematic Areas are indicated below:
- Buffalo Production and Management
- Buffalo Reproduction and Breeding
- Buffalo Health
- Buffalo Nutrition
- Buffalo Production Policies and Future Perspectives