Professor Kobayashi Memorial Foundation
Agriculture and Forestry University (AFU) is Nepal’s premier University for higher education, research and extension in the field of agriculture, veterinary, animal science, fisheries and forestry. The University was established with the enactment of Agriculture and Forestry University Act- 2010 by the parliament in a land-grant government university model by upgrading the Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS) at Rampur, Chitwan and Institute of Forestry at Hetauda, Makwanpur, which were previously under the Tribhuvan University (TU).
At present,AFU has 3 faculties and Faculty of Animal Science, Veterinary Science and Fisheries (FAVF) is one of the three faculties of the university. The FAVF is located at Rampur (9 km west of the town of Bharatpur) in Chitwan district. The FAVF is expanded in 125 ha of land that harbors the academic buildings, veterinary teaching hospital, livestock and aquaculture farms and staff residences.
Professor Kobayashi Memorial Foundation
Professor Kobayashi Memorial Foundation (PKMF) is a charity foundation established by AFU under the FAVF. Mr. Kosaku Kobayashi, the Professor of Veterinary Medicine of Azabu University of Japan, who first visited Rampur Campus in 1998 and started working as a part-time volunteer since 1999 after his retirement in Japan contributed directly and indirectly for advancement of Veterinary Education, modernization of laboratories and career development of professors and students. He passed away in September, 2010 in the course of working as a contact bridge between Nepal and Japan. In memory of exemplary and outstanding support of late Professor Kobayashi and wishing immortality of his inspiration and support to the veterinary program in Rampur, the University established the PKMF under the FAVF and the PKMF Fund Operation Guideline 2016 is issued by Executive Council exercising the power conferred by Rule 8 and 116 of AFU Financial Administration Regulation, 2069 (2012).
Provision on Establishment of the Fund
The amount as mentioned hereunder remains in the Fund. Financial transaction shall be carried out by depositing amount collecting in the Fund as per the Section (2) of the Operation Guideline by opening account in the name of Professor Kobayshi Memorial Foundation Fund in any nearest Bank.
- The amount allocated by the budget,
- The amount of special or additional grant, support, donation and gift granted for special purpose like for government or non-government organization, individual scholarship, teacher’s fellowship, award, prize, welfare program
- Other amount to be acquired as per the approval or decision of Executive Council of University.
- The amount acquired by mobilizing the cumulative capital of the Fund.
- Amount acquired by investing the amount of the Fund.
- Support or grant acquired by the Fund from any individual or organization or body.
- Support amount acquired from foreign government, individual or body.
Utilization of the Fund
Amount of the Fund not exceeding 50% of the total can be used as per the provision specified in Chapter (4) of the Operation Guideline for following functions.
- To provide support for increment of the quality in veterinary teaching hospital.
- To provide support in research program of the students.
- To provide support for the function of taking part with result of research in national and international meeting conference.
- To carry out veterinary health and animal reproduction camps and service oriented program.
- To provide support to other academic activities of the faculty.
All the contributors and activities will be published and updated in website.
Constitution of the Fund Governing Board and Advisory Committee
The Fund Governing Board and Advisory Committee are constituted according to the provision mentioned in Chapter 3 of the Operation Guideline. Dean of the FAVF remains as the Chairperson of the Board.
Operation and Administration cost
No operation and administration cost for any activity receiving the Fund support will be incurred from the Fund.
Account of the Fund and Auditing:
- The account of the Fund is maintained pursuant to Agriculture and Forestry University Financial Administration Regulation, 2069 (2012)
- The auditing of the Fund shall be done pursuant to same Regulation of the University.
Account number detail
Bank name, branch and address: Nepal Bank Limited, Rampur Branch, Rampur, Chitwan
A/C name: Professor Kobayashi Memorial Foundation Kosh
A/C no: 08500106304679000001
Swift Code: NEBLNPKA
Faculty of Animal Science, Veterinary Science and Fisheries
Agriculture and Forestry University
Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal